Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Best.

Addison and I had the best long weekend!  We had Friday off, so we spent a good part of the day by the pool at a friend's house!  It was glorious!

Look at Addison, just like one of the big kids!

Friday evening, we went with Kasey and her ummm...friend...for a margarita before the fish fry at church!  It was a perfect day for some patio margaritas!

On Saturday, dad and I went for a run while mom took Addison to an Easter festival.  We found another one to go to that afternoon!

She decorated cookies, won a cake in the cake walk,

and found a few eggs in their mini egg hunt!
Saturday night, we had some baking to do for Sunday.  Addison 'helped' with the eggs!  (Notice the yolk on the stool and floor!)
Easter morning, she slept in until about 8:45!  We got ready, then she found her Easter basket downstairs!  She was so excited!


The highlight was the egg hunt at church!  She ran out the back door and yelled, "EGGS!"

I think she looks so grown up here!

My girl and I after church on Sunday!

Have I mentioned before that I have the best family?
I need to say how blessed we are!  We have such generous people in our lives!  One of my former parents at school gave Addison this precious tricycle!  She stored all her eggs in it and loved pulling them around!




We really did have a wonderful weekend.  I am constantly reminded that no matter what is going on, how sad I get, how hard things seem or how frustrating life can be at times, we are so blessed.  She and I are surrounded by people that love us, accept us, are willing to be there, do anything for us and give us the help and support we need.  Even if it means just hanging out doing nothing all day.  Some days, things are awful and no fun, but there is a plan for us. 
Dad said in his sermon on Sunday, "We are alive in Christ and we are filled with Great Expectations!"


3 comments:

  1. Look at those awesome pictures!!! Love making such great memories! 381

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that happy face picture when she finds her Easter basket! You should click on the video link I have on my blog. It's 3 minutes long, but I think you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her Easter dress is PRECIOUS! So is her momma's dress! Ben was just over two when he went on his first Easter Egg hunt. We filled the eggs with little Cars--and after he opened the first one {ta-ta for tractor}, he didn't want to find any more eggs. Just wanted to play with his tractor! This age you're at is so precious--so special. Each day is FILLED with adventure and discovery. And a fair share of fits!

    ReplyDelete