Tuesday, May 1, 2012

29...For the First Time

My 29th Birthday was a few weeks ago.  My birthday was on a Wednesday this year.  Since Jimmy had Addison on Tuesday night, the day started off just so-so.  I woke up in the morning, not really wanting to admit that I was another year older.
Once I got to school, things turned around.  If you have to work on your birthday, teaching Kindergarten is the best place to do it.  I'm pretty sure they were more excited than I have ever been for my birthday.

I also had several of my kids from last year stop by to read!

Other classes came to sing "Happy Birthday" as well!


About half way through the day, it dawned on me that I am 29.  Isn't this the age that people want to stay indefinitley?  This should be my greatest year.  There are lots of people who want to be 29 again.  I don't want to mope my way through this year!

That weekend, The Geislers came in town to celebrate with us.  I showed them around my newly painted house, we went fishing with Addison in her play room,



we played with princess blocks, 



fed the birds and squirrels,


and enjoyed each other's company in the gorgeous sun.



I took a day off recently, used some of my birthday money and planted a bunch of plants and flowers.  I love that my yard has tons of color now!  Hibiscus are one of my very favorite flower!!  There is a new flower everyday on the plant.



This birthday turned out to be pretty good.  
Its a whole new year, new house (-ish), new future, new opportunities and new hopes.
Here's to 29...for hopefully the only time.

1 comment: