Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Blessings

This past weekend, we celebrated Mother's Day in one of my favorite places (aside from Maui)!
We went to New Braunfels on Friday night for the annual Geisler Mother's Day Tea!
One of our 'must dos' every time we are in town is breakfast at the Crosswalk Cafe.  Its our favorite coffee shop.  I remember taking Addison there when she didn't even have to leave her carseat carrier!  Now, she runs around like she owns the place!

She LOVES her Pap!  She loves that he gives her so much attention and takes her for walks whenever we go out to eat.  We are so blessed they are such a huge part of our lives.


Grandma's house is a small, wonderful place to be.  There is a large yard with birds and squirrels, lots of flowers and places to run around.  I guess Addison just needed a bit of a rest here.

The Mother's Day Tea was lovely.  All of the Geisler family was there.  While we were enjoying cherry limeade, chicken salad sandwiches and angel food cake, the guys were at the sports bar on the plaza!  Win, Win!

After the tea, we went to Landa Park to feed the ducks.  Turns out, the nutria were hungrier than the ducks were.  There were three of these nasty creatures eating our bread.  I have never seen one out of the water before.  They have little hands, but webbed feet, giant beaver teeth and a long rat tail.  Yuck!






After we fed the ducks, we rode the Landa Park train!  We were not planning to ride the train, but Addison won us over when she started to climb into an empty seat.  We couldn't say no.



On Sunday we had a diaper shower at church for new baby, Naomi.  She is so tiny and lovable!  I loved feeding her for a bit!  Addison was only a bit jealous, but just wanted to help do everything for the sweet baby.


Sunday afternoon, mom, dad, Addison and I went for an early dinner, then dessert at Market Street.  Addison never took a nap on Sunday.  Instead, she played in her crib for an hour, while I tried to will her to sleep because I so desperately wanted to take a nap!  Even still, she was in a happy mood all day!

At Market Street, they had pony rides for the kids!  Once again, she suckered us into letting her go for a ride!  This is the kind of stuff I always looked forward to when I thought about having kids.  I am to happy to let her do these fun things!  (Even though her Pap paid for it!  She has him wrapped around her fingers, too!)


We met up with Paul and Leigh Ann on Sunday evening for a margarita on the patio.  We love enjoying the beautiful weather with them!

It was a very fun, but very busy weekend!  I cannot believe we only have 13 days of school left and I get to enjoy nearly everyday with my sweet girl!

2 comments: