Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Enough is Enough.

It has been a sad day for me.  On Sunday night, Layla and Maya got sick.  I wasn't sure if they ate something or what was going on.  Layla was much better by Monday night, but Maya was still a bit lethargic.  Maya would not eat anything, but would drink a bit of water, then get sick again.
This morning, she drank water, but was still pretty mopey.  

I had a meeting after school this afternoon, but decided to stop by home and check on Maya first.  When I got home, poor girl didn't even move.  I knew it was bad.  Dad called the vet for me and we met there.
The vet immediately took Maya back, after checking her temperature and finding it much lower than normal.  They gave her IV fluids and ran tests.  After running the tests, they said she ate something bad.   They think it was possibly a dead animal in the yard.  (Although, I never saw anything unusual and checked the yard lots!)  

The vet recommended I take Maya to the Emergency Animal Clinic to stay the night.  I cannot afford that right now.  They did what they could to hydrate her, medicate her and get her in a good enough condition to come home with me.  I was planning to take her back to the vet in the morning for more IV fluids.

About 7:45 tonight, my sweet Maya died.  She was just too sick.  If I knew it was this bad, I would have taken her to the vet yesterday! 

I don't know how much more I can take.  I mean, enough is enough.

Here are some sweet pictures of Maya...

Addison was loving on Maya yesterday when I told her Maya was sick.  (Check out my headband on Addison's head!  Love her!)


Sweet Maya resting in my bathtub when we came home tonight.



She loved going in the car!


Baby Addison, Layla, Maya and Maggie!


I am so sad tonight.  I am sad for Addison tomorrow when she calls for Maya and can't find her.  I am sad for Layla who doesn't know whats going on.  
Life is just hard, sometimes.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. That is such sad news. I am so so so sorry Kelley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelley! Awwww. I am so so sorry!! I know how hard it is to lose a dog you love so much. But, hate that you have to deal with this right now and hate that Addison will also. Ugh. :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about sweet Maya. It's so hard to lose a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry Kelley! Maya will be missed so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Kelley--we are so sorry to hear about Maya. These sweet pets take over our hearts . . . And we're never the same after we've loved one. A dear friend told me recently that a dog's love was the closest thing to our Father's love found on the face of the earth. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tears are just pouring for you right now. I'm so sorry that you have 1 more thing to worry about right now. The end of school is crazy enough! I hope Layla is ok and not too depressed. You and Addison are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Kelley...I am so sorry! I cannot believe this was just added to your plate...praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm reading this a bit late...but I'm so sorry :(
    Love you and your sweet Addison! Praying for you both

    ReplyDelete