Monday, April 2, 2012

My Long Weekend

This weekend was a rough one for me.  Jimmy had Addison for TWO nights!  Ugh.  I had lots of things planned to do to keep busy…

First, for the most thrilling event.  Don’t be jealous when I tell you I had to attend a parenting class for four hours on Saturday morning.  That’s right, I was right along side other divorcees from Montgomery County.  Can you imagine the types of people who surrounded me?  Wow.  For the most part, it was lame.  It was very generic.  “Bill and Barbara are getting divorced and they have three kids.  Barbara is mad and doesn’t want Bill to see the children at all.  Is this the right thing to do or not?”  I wanted to raise my hand and say, “Well, if Bill was a you-know-what, had an affair and walked out on his family, maybe he shouldn’t get to see the kids.”  But, I kept my mouth shut and accepted my completion certificate after the grueling four hours.

I ran a bunch of errands, spent more money than I should have and had my house painted on Saturday as well!  I have done most of the painting in the house myself, but I found a great, inexpensive painter who did so much for me while I was at my parenting class!  They painted my living room, kitchen and downstairs bath.  It looks wonderful!!  I have seriously painted every room in my house.  I don’t have much more to buy.  I want to get a white coffee table from Ikea, a few accessories and a wall hanging for my kitchen.  Then, I’m done!!  I love it!  Love, love, love it!

On Saturday, I also rejoined the gym we were members of last summer.  They happened to have a wonderful promotion going on this weekend for past members.  I couldn’t pass it up!  I went to a few classes with a girlfriend yesterday and it was wonderful!

In an effort to stay busy and not sit at home all day, I also got my haircut, nails and toenails painted yesterday.  I went to get drinks and dinner with friends last night, too. 

But, today, is the most exciting thing of all…I get to go pick up Addison!!  As soon as school is over, I am leaving to go get my baby!!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I can't believe they require you to do all of that! Is that normal? Aside from that, it sounds like you had a great weekend & are getting so many things accomplished!

    ReplyDelete