Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Here We Go...

Hello Friends!  Welcome to our new blog, our new life and our new normal.  If you are a previous follower of my other blog, or this even older one, you know Jimmy and I have been married for almost five years.  We have one adorable, precious girl, Addison.  We have been so very blessed with wonderful jobs we love and we are good at.  We have been blessed with a great house that was scheduled to be paid off (!!) in December!  We have traveled every year and done amazing things!  I would say from the outside looking in, we had a perfect life.  Heck, from the inside looking out, our life was amazing - or so I thought.
On January 31, I found out things that I never thought I would.  Once I confronted Jimmy about these issues, our relationship and our future, he simply said, he wanted his old life back.  There would be no counseling, rebuilding or fixing the problems, he was done.  A few days later, he had his own apartment.  At the risk of sounding too dramatic, I have to say, these past two months have been the most turbulant, uneasy, hardest, worst and darkest I have ever had to face.  All of a sudden, I don't know what my tomorrow looks like, let alone next weekend, our next year, or next ten years.  My hope and dreams for my family, my daughter and myself have had to change.  That is hard to deal with.  I still don't know what the future will look like and I am having to learn to be somewhat ok with that.
This past week, we went to mediation.  In our county, mediation is required by all judges before a couple can get divorced.  (Just saying that makes me want to throw up.)  In mediation, we decided Addison's visitation schedule and division of the property.  Addison and I are staying in the house.  She will be with me the majority of the time.  Jimmy will get to pick up Addison from her school on Tuesday nights and take her back on Wednesday mornings.  He will also have her the first, third and fifth Friday night of the month and bring her to me on Saturday evening.  Even adjusting to the thought that I won't see my baby all the time is difficult for me.
Through all of this awfulness (is that a word?), I have come to realized how blessed I am still.  First off, I have learned to pray harder than before.  God and I are having multiple conversations a day-even about teeny things.  My family is amazing.  I have called my parents early in the morning and late at night and they are always available.  It seems as if Addison and I are always at their house or they are at my house.  I am so thankful for them.  I have an incredible support group of friends.  I have cried my eyes out more times than I can count around them.  They have brought me breakfast at school to make sure I am eating, helped me paint the house, came up with a new blog name for me, listened to me, prayed for me, and are always checking in on me.  I love them for that.  My team at school has taken my class several times while I have had to regroup and get myself on the right track.  That is huge.  Addison's babysitter loves her to pieces.  She texts me throughout the day and lets me know how Addison is doing, what is going on and just letting me know she is giving her extra hugs that day.  We love Ms. Liz!
Addison and I are still living our life as normal as possible.  I enrolled her in gymnastics!  I have been wanting to do that for awhile and now seems as good a time as any!  She loves it, until she doesn't!  Then, she starts telling us all "NO!" 



I just ran my 6th Half Marathon!  I even PR'ed with a time of 1:49.  In my running world, that is pretty good and I was so excited with that time! 



I have not had to miss any school and I am so thankful.  I love, love my job!  I really do!  I love the kids that I get to work with everyday!  I love that I have to be in a great mood for them! 

I am redoing the whole house. I have painted all but a few rooms, trying to make it mine and Addison's.  Even still, I wake up in the middle of the night and I realize this isn't a bad dream.  This is actually happening and it is my 'new normal.' 
I have been missing my blog, but haven't felt like posting anything. Once I knew, for sure, the way things were headed and what things were going to look like, I wanted to start a new one.  I am not sure the direction this new blog will take.  I will continue to update our events and activities, but will probably include some things about whats going on as we take this new path.  I'm not sure, but welcome to Keep Calm and Hula! 

9 comments:

  1. Can't WAIT for our next race!!! I'm so lucky to have found such a great running buddy and friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your struggle. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this, but I know it always helps me to WRITE and you have a huge "online" cheering section =) I am excited and hopeful to see all of the wonderful things ahead for you and Addison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelley, You are so LOVED by the Plant Family! We have been praying for you and thinking of you and Addison so much. Keep your chin up. I know that a "new normal" must be really hard...but I know you will make it great because you are YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers and more prayers for you and Addison. Goodness!! I had no idea and thought you might be pregnant and that's why you hadn't blogged lately so you had already been in my prayers. You know God must have just been laughing at me but I'm glad that He's put a good support system in your life to help with this transition. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelley, I'm so sorry you have been going through all of this. You have such a positive attitude & great outlook and I just know you will come out of this so much stronger. Keep pushing on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying over you daily, Sweet Friend. My Mom tells me that sometimes you have to take life one hour at a time--the rest will come! And remember you have "hope and a future in Christ"--and if you need anything--you've got a room mom around the corner who will come running!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing!! Continued prayers for you and Addison:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry Kelley.....
    Prayers for you and your family.
    Your Addison is so precious...
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so so so sorry you are going through this. I honestly was shocked when Jalei told me. (I hope that's okay!) You are such a great mom and Addison is such a cutie pie! You seem to have such a great perspective and are being so strong. Love, thoughts, and prayers are coming you way...

    ReplyDelete