Saturday, March 24, 2012

The List.

Look around your house.  I mean really look around.  Do you even know how much stuff you have?  We have a ton of stuff.  A ton of pointless-in the big scheme of things-stuff.
During mediation last week, Jimmy brought an inventory list.  This is a list of things he made, over the course of a few days, detailing everything we own.  His list was pages and pages and pages of things he has, things I am keeping and things I currently have that he wants.
It really made me think-what is worth fighting for?  What would you put on your list?  I am not trying to make myself look better here, but I never thought of half of the stuff on the list.  From day one, I have been concerned with and focused on fighting for my Addison.  Getting so upset over things lately, my dad will tell me, "They are just things and we can buy things again."  Isn't that so right?  I can buy a new printer, a new dry erase board or a new ottoman.  I can never buy time with my precious girl again.
Even though, in my previous post, I said I am redoing my whole house, I have learned one big thing in all of this.  Stuff won't make you happy.  The people you surround yourself with and the people you love are what is important.  They are worth fighting for.  A grill, doorknobs (seriously.), a bedroom set or even a new tv should not be worth a fight.








2 comments:

  1. Addison is such a sweet pea. I see that she likes Sonic drinks too! And door knobs...hmmm:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so so right, I love this post. I just can't believe you are going through all of this. And ya, I am with Jalei. Door knobs? I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete