Wednesday, March 21, 2012

We got a fish.

One of Addison's favorite part of going to my mom and dad's house (besides that she is spoiled rotten and surrounded by people she loves) is their beta fish.  She spends much of her time there on her stool, watching the fish swim.

Tonight, she and I went to PetSmart and found the perfect 'fishy.'  
 She didn't understand why she couldn't get it out of the cup and got quite frustrated several times.  For such a little person, she can be pretty loud.
As soon as we got home, she hopped on her stool and tried to pet the fish.  That will have to be rule number one.  I don't want to find a fish on her playroom floor.


This is the best picture of our new friend.  It is a crown tail beta and just gorgeous!


You can't tell from this picture below but she is in the middle of a fit because its time to tell the fish 'night-night.'

I pushed it to the back of the counter and you would have thought I told her she was never going to eat again.

Incase you were wondering, Jimmy was opposed to the fish idea.  I think, little by little, I am doing things to sort of rebel.  I may regret the fish thing one day (these things are supposed to live 2-3 years), but right now, we are doing what we want. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised she will even touch the fish. I'm still scared to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Betas! I'm glad Addison has a new pet. Did she name it yet? And you're such a rebel ;-) getting a fish! We don't have a beta in our aquarium right now so if you do get tired of it then we'll take it.

    ReplyDelete